2.10.08

MIDNIGHT WALTZ


as i make my escape outside, outdoor, to the open
to the clear blue sky above, climb the stairs to the ceiling
silently, silently, I'm a ghost, cold to the touch
cold to the touch of the freezing night, the starry skies
as i sit on the pale concrete & the cockroaches crawl amongst me
i stare up at the light, & i close my eyes, let it be my sight
this time, this time, let me hear you by my side
see, i miss you, see, i need you, see how everything has...
the music's all around me now & my skin is caressed by the breeze
dared to let loose, up here, up here, on my own but not alone
i let go, naked bare, & i breathe for the first time in so long
so long, i lose count, teach me how to breathe again
out in the open, out in the field, pull me upwards, drain away my fear
my eyes closed, I had not seen so clearly in forever
i can see you now, & you smile your pleasure, my treasure
everything moves around me, i sit still in my nakedness
but i am dancing, steps not for the common eye to see
this dance routine, this dance routine, is only for you & me
breathe in the poison that sickens my physical body
breathe out the poison that promises my ticket out of
this hell i've been left in, this hell i've been tossed to
this hell you hated but never had the courage to explain it
i've been left to solve this mystery of life out here, on the field
where the ghosts dance in harmony & they scream at me
they scream at me, they pull at me, they hate it that i'm alive
i see them walk around, i am watched, i am traced, i am followed with every step i take
hollow souls that have been
left alone in this drained desert of floating orange flags
where the night brings solitude & the stars play the song we dance to
late at night, on our beautiful dysfunction, on our wicked distortion
we dance,
some in harmony others incongruously, but all of us holding hands
cold, cold, cold hands on mine
death hollows singing silently, singing songs for the dead
songs that as alive as i may seem, i can listen to, i can dance to it
so we dance.
& i am worshipped, for my atrocity, i am the mediator, withholder of the sacred balance
i am the incognito specimen on this ballad
through me is forged their vivid propaganda
scandalous routines of dead amongst the....
in this musical balance,
we dance.


No comments: